Neurosurgery - Physician Assistant - Sayre, PA
Join a team environment to practice Neurosurgery in an outpatient setting along with assisting in the operating room.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Guthrie Clinic seeking a motivated Physician Assistant with a passion for delivering high quality patient care to join its Neurosurgery Department. At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
- Experienced or new graduates alike are welcome to apply!
- Join a collegial team environment to practice Neurosurgery in an outpatient setting along with assisting in the operating room, as needed.
- This opportunity offers a great work life balance, with typical hours Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 p.m., with call requirement shared within the Neurosurgery team.
- Split time between Clinic and OR blocks, 3 days clinic, 2 days OR
- Work alongside three physicians and an experienced PA with many years of experience between them.
- Report directly to our Chief of Neurosurgery, Dr Paramore.
We would love to speak with you more about our opportunity. If you are interested in learning more, please reach out to Dane Kinsman via email at Dane.Kinsman@guthrie.org or by phone at 570-887-6690.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
About the Hospital
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services