Neurological Surgery - Sayre, PA
Neurosurgery Opportunity - Sayre, PA
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advance practice providers choose Guthrie, because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
Neurosurgery Division of The Guthrie Clinic seeks a BC/BE neurosurgeon to join its growing team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a neurosurgeon to join a group with considerable experience in complex spine, cranial and endovascular surgery. Guthrie is a collegial environment and mentoring is a major focus of our growing neurosurgical practice.
Highlights of the Position
- Robert Packer Hospital is a Level II trauma center with ACGME accredited residencies in General Surgery and Emergency Medicine
- Protected block operating time two days a week
- Cranial and Spinal neuronavigation with Medtronic Stealth Station and O-arm
- Primary stroke center with endovascular capability and a biplane angiography suite
- APP to first assist with scheduled cases
- Competitive salary guarantee
- New or Experienced candidates are welcome
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive RVU model with strong, internal referral network
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies.
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie’s General Surgery Residency offers the opportunity for clinical academic appointment. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.