Chief of Pain Management
Guthrie Medical Group seeks a qualified BC Physician to become the Service Line Chief of Pain Management
Highlights of the Position
- MD/DO along with Board Certification, five years or more experience preferred
- System-wide role overseeing the development of a multidisciplinary pain program
- Proven track record of academic accomplishments and professional service necessary to ensure the continuation and enhancement of Pain Management service at Guthrie
- Must be willing to recruit, build, develop, and mentor staff.
- 0.2 FTE administration/0.8 FTE clinical (interventional pain preferred)
- Administrative responsibilities will require travel throughout the service area
- Minimal calls, primarily telephone calls when needed
- Established practice in the region with the ability to grow the program substantially
- Opportunity to collaborate with well-established Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Physical Therapy, and Physiatry providers
- Expansion due to volume and opportunity to establish a multi-disciplinary comprehensive pain program for the Guthrie system
- Procedures are performed at Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, PA, Corning Hospital in Corning, NY, the Ambulatory Service Center in Big Flats, NY, Troy Community Hospital in Troy, PA, and soon to include Guthrie Cortland Medical Center in Cortland, NY. Pain Management Specialists are currently based in the Pain Clinic on Guthrie’s Sayre, Pennsylvania campus and Big Flats, NY specialty clinic. Pain Specialists also visit other regional offices.
- Interventional aspects of pain management include fluoroscopic guided epidural steroid injections, facet injections, medial branch nerve blocks, and radiofrequency ablations
- Intrathecal infusion pump and spinal cord stimulator implantation experience are preferred.
- A typical day will include seeing patients in the office, procedures in the surgical suite, or administrative time for the development of a multi-disciplinary comprehensive pain program for the Guthrie system.
- Support Staff: In the Pain Mgmt. Clinic: LPNs, Medical Office Assistants, and Point-of-Service staff
- Advanced Practice Providers
For procedures suites: Conscious sedation qualified RNs and a Rad. Tech
- Special Equipment:
- Fluoroscopy C arm in the procedure suite
- Access to ultrasonic guides for peripheral nerve blocks
- Radiofrequency ablation machine and cryo-ablation machine
- Access to the Operating Room for spinal cord and infusion implants
- Clinical Trials/Research: Opportunities available for clinical trials or clinical research.
- SRNAs (Student Registered Nurse Anesthetists) may sometimes rotate through the Pain Clinic procedure rooms. Family Medicine residents may also rotate briefly to observe and learn.
- Board certified (ACGME/AOA) in anesthesiology, neurology, PM&R, or psychiatry, with fellowship training in interventional pain management, interventional spine and musculoskeletal medicine, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with a track record of leadership and clinical excellence.
- ABIPP and ABPM are optional but cannot be substituted for an ABMS-recognized Board.
Contact Name:Stefano Ringer