Chair, Department of Medicine
Strategic opportunity at a rural integrated health system with 9 ACGME-accredited programs
The Guthrie Clinic seeks a Chair, Department of Medicine. The physician leader will work collaboratively to improve performance, grow the depth of clinical programs and enhance quality outcomes.
The Department of Medicine has 12 subspecialty divisions, including several key programs and service lines which support clinical care and innovation, as well as the Departments ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine Residency and fellowship programs. The Chair of Medicine works collaboratively with Program Directors to ensure the quality of the residency and fellowship programs.
The Chair of Medicine is responsible for overseeing the development of the Department’s annual budget, key operating indicators and monitors the performance in relation to these annual targets.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
- M.D. or D.O.; Board certification in Internal Medicine and/or one of its subspecialties.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of postgraduate clinical experience in the field.
- Five or more years of successful leadership experience in a Chair, Associate Chair or Division Chief role through patient-centeredness and teamwork.
- A track record of academic accomplishments, and professional service with experience necessary to ensure the continuation and enhancement of the clinical, educational and future research missions of the Department of Medicine at Guthrie Clinic.
- Progressive administrative experience, preferably in an academic and or teaching medical center setting.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a medical license in Pennsylvania and New York.
- Part-time clinical practice required.
We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
We would love to speak with you more about our opportunity. If you are interested in learning more, please reach out to Shannon Anderson via email at Shannon.Anderson@guthrie.org or by phone at 570-887-6490.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.