Opportunities to telemedicine
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Infectious Disease physician to join its expanding practice.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
Highlights of the Position
- Join a collegial tenured multispecialty group of physicians
- Schedule of Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; No call
- Interest in Lyme Disease Clinic
- Opportunities for telemedicine exist
Work Life Balance
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive RVU model with strong, internal referral network
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.