System Chief - Hospital Medicine
Hospital Medicine Leadership Opportunity
The Guthrie Clinic is seeking candidates for Chief, Section of Hospital Medicine. The Chief will oversee a team of 34 Hospitalists and 9 Advanced Practitioners located throughout Guthrie's five regional hospitals. The Chief has responsibility for quality, leadership, scheduling and overall program strategy.
Position details and requirements:
- Ensures the Section functions in an integrated system of care, improving performance, growing depth of clinical programs, and enhancing quality outcomes.
- Serves as mentor, guide and support for Hospitalists system wide.
- Leads recruitment/retention of Physicians and APPs to actively grow the Section.
- Participates in quality and system improvement within group and across hospital.
- Participates in all group clinical decisions with the goal of high quality care.
- Participates in group performance reviews with regard to quality of care, satisfaction, and efficiency metrics.
- Coordinates schedule with group to maintain 24/7 coverage at all hospitals within the integrated health system.
- Ensures coverage of shifts.
- Participates in strategic plan for hospital medicine group, including marketing, growth/recruiting, service, and quality.
- Establish annual goals for quality, efficiency growth and satisfaction.
- Responsible for developing, updating and maintaining clinical standards and care paths.
- Participates in utilization review and peer review activities as they relate to the Hospitalist program.
- Oversees the development of the annual budget and key operating indicators for the Department and monitors the Department’s performance in relation to these annual targets.
- Works collaboratively with the Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency Program, the Fellowship Directors and the Director of Medical Education to ensure the quality of the residency and fellowship(s).
- M.D. or D.O.; BC in Internal Medicine. Advanced degree (MBA, MHA, MMM) desirable.
- Five or more years of successfully leading a Hospitalist program.
- Strong commitment to the patient care and future academic missions of Guthrie Clinic.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a medical license in Pennsylvania.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
For more information, contact Krisi VanTassel by calling (570) 887-5203 or by email at Krisi.VanTassel@guthrie.org.
About the Hospital
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.