Hospitalist - Nocturnist, Sayre, PA
Hospitalist - Nocturnist - Sayre, PA
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We're glad you are interested in joining our team.
The Guthrie Clinic is seeking a BC/BE Internal Medicine physician to join its Hospital Medicine team at our main campus in Sayre, PA.
Highlights of the Position:
- Closed ICU and step down units with multi-specialty back up
- Elective procedures only (thoracentesis, paracentesis and LP)
- Schedule of 7 days on, 7 days off
- Teaching opportunities available with Internal Medicine and Family Medicine Residency programs
- Clinical trials and research opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits, including paid vacation time and CME allowance
- Work 26 weeks per year and enjoy additional time off with paid vacation!
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation with bonus incentives
- One week of Paid Time Off in addition to
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for primary licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation expenses
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
For more information, contact Krisi VanTassel by calling (570) 887-5203 or via email at Krisi.VanTassel@guthrie.org.
About the Hospital
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.