Chief Hospitalist - Corning, NY - Entry Level Leadership Opportunity
Leadership Opportunity for Experienced Hospitalist in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY
Competitive compensation with relocation and bonus incentives
Highlights of the Position
- Provide clinical and administrative leadership for the Guthrie Corning Hospitalist Service
- Ensure staffing of all shifts with 24/7 coverage
- Oversee recruitment credentialing and privileging of clinical providers.
- Help System Chief in development and implementation of retention strategies.
- Facilitate monthly department provider meetings.
- Evaluate physicians and advanced practitioners through performance reviews.
- Ensure APPs receive appropriate clinical development and supervision.
- 0.9 Clinical time 0.1 Administrative time
- 7 on / 7 off schedule
- 1 week of PTO
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation with bonus incentives
- One week of Paid Time Off
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance.
- Malpractice insurance including tail coverage.
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for primary licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis.
- $8,000 referral bonus if you refer an experienced Advanced Practitioner that we hire on a full-time basis.
- $285,000-$300,000 anual compensation.
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation expenses up to $15,000.
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding to ensure a successful start at Guthrie.
Guthrie Corning Hospital, located in Corning, N.Y., opened a new 65-bed hospital and regional cancer center in 2014. The new facility provides the region emergency, ICU, labor and delivery, surgical, inpatient and outpatient services including wound care, cardiology, medical imaging and cancer care services, including:
- 24-Hour emergency services with 24-hour laboratory, radiology and ultrasound support
- Ambulatory surgery
- Breast Care Center
- Cancer Center
- Coronary care, cardiology stress testing and outpatient rehabilitation
- Laboratory services
- Labor and delivery care
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
- Imaging services
- Musculoskeletal Services
Home to 10,500 residents, Corning has been described as one of "America's best small towns." Historic Market Street in Corning's Gaffer District boasts over one hundred boutique shops, bakeries, art galleries, craft beverage producers, and farm-to-table restaurant options. The Gaffer District hosts unique events every season, such as the Wineglass Marathon, GlassFest, and Sparkle. The Corning Museum of Glass welcomes thousands of visitors annually and offers live glassblowing shows and demonstrations. Upstate New York's only Smithsonian Affiliate, The Rockwell Museum, holds a world-class collection of Western and contemporary Native American Art and other rotating exhibits.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Pharmacy Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery