Palliative Medicine In-patient Nurse Practitioner – Sayre, PA
Inpatient-only opportunity with highly collaborative team
Guthrie is seeking candidates for a full-time Palliative Medicine In-patient Nurse Practitioner for our growing Palliative Medicine team.
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advance practice providers choose Guthrie, because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
To start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie email, call or text Stefano Ringer, Physician and APP Recruiter, Guthrie Medical Group. firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 607.426.6009 (cell).
Highlights of the Position
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an NP is desirable and must have obtained a degree from an accredited NP program.
- The in-patient only Palliative Care APP candidate will collaborate with Guthrie interdisciplinary teams to provide comprehensive care of adult patients and families with various types of advanced, chronic and life limiting disease.
- Applicant must be emotionally intelligent; be comfortable with complex/intense critical life-and-death discussions, at ease with the “sickest of the sick” patients with significant frailty, complex family dynamics and often limited resources.
- The APP is accountable for prioritizing organizational Palliative Care delivery goals including but not limited to the following:
- Improving Palliative Care delivery to high acuity/at risk patients, assist with early identification and delivery of Palliative Care
- Delivery of direct patient care including patient education, advance illness planning, family meetings and care coordination partnership to assure smooth transition from hospital to home/next setting
Individuals applying for this position must be comfortable with ambiguity and must be enthusiastic about partnership with the Palliative Care team in expanding and defining the role of the Nurse Practitioner in this dynamic practice.
Work Life Balance
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
- Monday – Friday; Days, 8 hr. shifts. Future plans require participation in rotational weekend coverage.
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Above industry average salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 7 days with options for home study
- $1,700 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty specific medical societies
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing Spouse placement assistance available
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.