Hematology / Oncology - Nurse Practitioner
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking a passionate Nurse Practitioner to join its patient centered Cancer Center in Cortland, NY.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
Highlights of the opportunity
- Outpatient only practice
- Care for new and follow up patients of the Hematology/Oncology team
- Build a fulfilling clinical practice within a collegial environment with supportive administration
- Hem/Onc NP experience preferred, new grads will be considered
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Kerry Hitchcock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-725-8308.
Work Life Balance
- Standard hours - Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- No call
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Dedication to Quality Patient Care
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system, top 1% of Epic organizations)
- Easy access to Guthrie Specialists
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 7 days with options for home study
- $1,700 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Provider mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Provider professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Hospital
Guthrie Cortland Medical Center, a 162-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility, joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019. For over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care.
- Acute and Inpatient care
- Cancer care
- Emergency care
- Infusion services
- Labor and delivery care
- Laboratory services
- Imaging and Radiology
- Mental Health service
- Outpatient Therapy services
- Respiratory services
- Surgical services
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
Cortland, NY, is a city of 17,556 and home to a quaint downtown with a collection of attractions, restaurants, accommodations, and recreational activities. Cortland County is the Eastern Gateway to the Finger Lakes Region and is located midway between Syracuse to the north and Binghamton to the south. This area is home to two centers of higher learning, SUNY Cortland and Tompkins Cortland Community College.
Learn more: https://www.experiencecortland.com/about