Guthrie Clinic Seeks a Gastroenterology APP for Corning Clinic
Guthrie Clinic is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Gastroenterology Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join our esteemed team at the Corning East Outpatient Clinic. As an APP, you will play a crucial role in delivering comprehensive gastroenterology care to our patients, collaborating with physicians and healthcare professionals to ensure excellent patient outcomes. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a renowned healthcare organization committed to providing high-quality care to the communities we serve.
- Perform comprehensive patient assessments, including medical history, physical examination, and review of symptoms, focusing on gastroenterology-related concerns.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests, such as laboratory work, imaging studies, and endoscopic procedures, to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal disorders.
- Collaborate with gastroenterologists and other healthcare professionals to develop individualized treatment plans for patients, incorporating evidence-based practices and patient preferences.
- Prescribe and manage medications, including providing education and counseling to patients regarding medication usage, side effects, and potential interactions.
- Conduct follow-up visits to assess treatment effectiveness, address patient concerns, and make necessary adjustments to treatment plans.
- Provide patient education on gastroenterology-related topics, such as dietary recommendations, lifestyle modifications, and preventive measures.
- Assist in performing gastrointestinal procedures, such as colonoscopies and upper endoscopies, under the supervision of gastroenterologists.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records, documenting all assessments, interventions, and communication according to clinic protocols.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives, contributing to the development and implementation of best practices in gastroenterology care.
- Stay abreast of advancements in gastroenterology research, treatments, and technologies, continuously enhancing knowledge and skills through professional development activities.
- Master's degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies from an accredited program.
- Current certification and licensure as an Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) in the state of New York.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in gastroenterology, preferably in an outpatient setting.
- Demonstrated expertise in performing and interpreting diagnostic tests and procedures related to gastroenterology.
- Proficiency in developing and implementing individualized treatment plans based on patient needs and evidence-based guidelines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish rapport with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, ensuring accurate and timely documentation.
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional development, keeping up-to-date with the latest advancements in gastroenterology.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment, promoting a culture of respect, collaboration, and excellence.
- $110,000-$115,000 annual compensation
Guthrie Corning Hospital, located in Corning, N.Y., opened a new 65-bed hospital and regional cancer center in 2014. The new facility provides the region emergency, ICU, labor and delivery, surgical, inpatient and outpatient services including wound care, cardiology, medical imaging and cancer care services, including:
- 24-Hour emergency services with 24-hour laboratory, radiology and ultrasound support
- Ambulatory surgery
- Breast Care Center
- Cancer Center
- Coronary care, cardiology stress testing and outpatient rehabilitation
- Laboratory services
- Labor and delivery care
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
- Imaging services
- Musculoskeletal Services
Home to 10,500 residents, Corning has been described as one of "America's best small towns." Historic Market Street in Corning's Gaffer District boasts over one hundred boutique shops, bakeries, art galleries, craft beverage producers, and farm-to-table restaurant options. The Gaffer District hosts unique events every season, such as the Wineglass Marathon, GlassFest, and Sparkle. The Corning Museum of Glass welcomes thousands of visitors annually and offers live glassblowing shows and demonstrations. Upstate New York's only Smithsonian Affiliate, The Rockwell Museum, holds a world-class collection of Western and contemporary Native American Art and other rotating exhibits.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Pharmacy Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery