Family Medicine - Residency Program Director
Family Medicine Residency Director opportunity
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking an experienced, passionate Family Medicine physician to lead the Family Medicine Residency Program.
Residency Program Highlights
- Established in 1993, enjoying a long history of training FM physicians
- Strong, experienced faculty
- Have obtained Osteopathic Recognition
- Affiliated with The Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 6-6-6 program with a strong presence of Sports Medicine, Maternal/Child Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulation
- State of the art Skills Lab, including Noelle birthing simulator, ultrasound
- Robust EHR (EPIC)
- Organize, Implement and supervise the FM Residency Program
- Coordinate and Oversee the recruitment, selection, instruction, teaching, research, clinical care, supervision, counseling, evaluation and advancement of residents
- Maintain records related to program accreditation
- Enjoy an excellent balance of administrative, academic and clinical time
- Board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine
- Core faculty experience in ACGME accredited FM program for at least 3 years
- Candidates considered must demonstrate leadership; an ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization; and an aptitude for inspiring others.
- Interest in OB and/or sports medicine preferred, not required
- Benefits package - including health, retirement, liability and more
- 3 weeks PTO (Paid Time Off) annually, not including holidays and sick time
- Continuing Medical Education – 14 days and $3,400 annually
- Relocation expenses paid
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Guthrie is a fully integrated healthcare system servicing Northeast Pennsylvania and the Southern Tier region of New York. With five hospitals and 45 regional offices in a 12-county catchment area, our team of nearly 500 Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provides more than 1 million patient visits per year.
Guthrie Medical Group Primary Care locations have all earned Patient Centered Medical Home Level 3 recognition under the 2017 Standards through NCQA.
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, ,,Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York, serving patients from a twelve-county service area. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is the first health system based in Pennsylvania and New York to join this network. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., Towanda, Pa., Troy, Pa. and Cortland, N.Y., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offering 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 21 communities in Pennsylvania and New York. In addition, Guthrie offers home medical equipment and respiratory therapy products at seven convenient Med Supply Depot locations. Guthrie provides a wide range of services and programs to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.