Family Medicine - Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Primary Care APP opportunity at the Ithaca Guthrie Clinic!
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We’re glad you're interested in joining our team.
Guthrie is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join its expanding primary care team in Ithaca, NY.
Ithaca, NY, a progressive and diverse community, is central in the Finger Lakes Region of NY and home to museums, art galleries, unique eateries and an Ivy League university.
Highlights of the Position
- Practice Primary Care within a team environment in the beautiful Ithaca, NY community
- Collaborate with primary care physicians, advanced practice providers and specialists to deliver high quality patient care
- Experienced providers preferred, new grads will be considered
Work Life Balance
- Weekly schedule of Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Rotating call schedule - phone call only
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Dedication to Quality Patient Care
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system, top 1% of Epic organizations)
- Easy access to Guthrie Specialists
- All locations accredited Patient Centered Medical Home under the NCQA standards
- Care Coordinators (RN) available at all locations to care for high-risk patients and provide education
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- CME time and stipend
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.