Family Medicine - Academic Focus
Family Medicine Opportunity - Academic
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking an experienced, passionate Family Medicine physician with an interest in teaching, precepting and mentoring Family Medicine residents. This role will have an emphasis on Family Medicine/OB/GYN teaching and will include both academic and clinic responsibilities.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We are glad you are interested in joining our team.
At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Kerry Hitchcock at email@example.com or 607-725-8308.
Residency Program Highlights
- Established in 1993, enjoying a long history of training FM physicians
- Strong, experienced faculty
- Have obtained Osteopathic Recognition
- Affiliated with The Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 6-6-6 program with a strong presence of Sports Medicine, Maternal/Child Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulation
- State of the art Skills Lab, including Noelle birthing simulator, ultrasound
Dedication to Quality Patient Care
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system, top 1% of Epic organizations)
- Easy access to Guthrie Specialists
- All locations accredited Patient Centered Medical Home under the NCQA standards
- Care Coordinators (RN) available at all locations to care for high-risk patients and provide education
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Medical school loan repayment
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Guthrie is a fully integrated healthcare system servicing Northeast Pennsylvania and the Southern Tier region of New York. With five hospitals and 45 regional offices in a 12-county catchment area, our team of nearly 500 Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provides more than 1 million patient visits per year.