Family Medicine - $100k Starting Bonus!
Family Medicine - $150k Loan Repayment Ithaca, NY
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Family Medicine physician to join its expanding practice in Ithaca, NY - multiple opportunities available.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Were glad you are interested in joining our team.
At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
Ithaca, NY a progressive and diverse community is central in the Finger Lakes Region of NY and home to museums art galleries unique eateries and an Ivy League university.
Highlights of the opportunity
- Outpatient only practice
- Practice full spectrum Family Medicine seeing patients from birth to geriatrics
- Build a fulfilling clinical practice within a collegial environment with supportive administration
- This position meets the criteria for the Doctor's Across New York loan repayment program.
Work Life Balance
- Flexible schedules available in some locations
- Call 1:8 (phone call only)
- Generous Paid Time Off annually in addition to holidays and sick time
Dedication to Quality Patient Care
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system top 1% of Epic organizations)
- Easy access to Guthrie Specialists
- All locations accredited Patient Centered Medical Home under the NCQA standards
- Care Coordinators (RN) available at all locations to care for high-risk patients and provide education
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Starting bonus - $100,000
- Medical school loan repayment - $150,000
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Salary range - $232,000-$291,000
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Located at the foot of Cayuga Lake, Ithaca has a population of 32,108. Home to over 150 waterfalls within a 10-mile radius, the area offers some of the region's best hiking and outdoor activities. The vibrant downtown area is home to many restaurants offering worldwide cuisine. The Cayuga Lake Wine Trail, the nation's oldest and longest-running wine trail, begins in Ithaca. Cornell University and Ithaca College are firmly rooted in the community and attract students from all over the globe.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Pharmacy Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery