Chief Medical Officer - Guthrie Cortland Medical Center - Cortland, NY
The Guthrie Clinic seeks a Chief Medical Officer for Guthrie Cortland Medical Center in Cortland New York.
The position of Chief Medical Officer is accountable at the direction of the Hospital Board of Directors for leading and directing improvement in hospital quality and patient safety metrics. This includes data-driven analysis of clinical care and monitoring of the medical staffs clinical performance through medical staff committees peer review chart reviews and patient feedback. This position also supports oversight of the GCMC Hospitalist Service. The CMO will spend 50% of her/his time serving in an administrative capacity and the other half in clinical practice.
The CMO is responsible for quality and safety in partnership with The Guthrie Clinic Chief Quality Officer. In collaboration with Patient Safety the CMO will play a key role in reporting for governmental and payor requirements for clinical care in regulatory and value-based payment programs. The CMO will lead utilization management and care coordination in partnership with medical records and the post-acute care teams.
The CMO will act as advisor on medical staff credentialing and ensure compliance with the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations and further participate as an ex-officio member of the Medical Staff Executive Peer Review Emerging Technologies Credentials Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committees. As part of these activities the CMO will manage peer review and ensure all medical staff members are afforded all rights of due process.
The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Board Certified MD or DO with an accredited residency completion
- Must be licensed and/or eligible for licensure in the State of New York and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- 3-5 years of hospital medical staff leadership and/or other elected medical staff position required. Previous experience as CMO ideal
- Experience with CMS NYS Department of Health The Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies
- Experience in formulation and implementation of clinical practice guidelines and performance improvement activities required
- A systems-oriented leader who can analyze complex scenarios and guide innovative approaches to optimize patient care