Emergency Medicine Opportunities - $405k Starting Comp + $200k Loan Repayment
$405,600 plus $100k starting bonus or $200k loan repayment options
Excellent retention package includes reduced hourly requirement and enhanced compensation!
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We're glad you are interested in joining.
Highlights of the Position
- Retention package includes 200-hour reduction in annual requirement PLUS 14% increase in compensation
- Shared staffing at one of our community hospitals and our Level IV Trauma Center, a low volume, low acuity critical access hospital averaging 7,800 annual visits
- On-site helipad allows for efficient and timely transport of patients in and out of our facility
- Epic Electronic Medical Record fully integrated throughout Guthrie’s network
- $405,600 salary guarantee plus starting bonus or loan repayment option
- Ask about our opportunities for FM Boarded, or other non-EM boarded, Emergency Medicine physicians
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation $405,600 plus $100,000 starting bonus or $200k loan repayment options, bonus incentives with affordable living in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for primary licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie’s residency and fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation expenses
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
For more information, contact Krisi VanTassel by calling (570) 887-5203 or by email at Krisi.VanTassel@guthrie.org.
About the Hospital
Located in Troy, Pa., Guthrie Troy Community Hospital is 25-bed, Critical Access Hospital. A new facility was built in 2013 and offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services including sub-acute and ventilator management programs and is a Level IV Trauma Center.
- Imaging services
- Medical/surgical services
- Orthopedic Surgery
- 24-Hour emergency services with 24-hour laboratory, radiology and ultrasound support
- Ambulatory surgery
- Coronary care, cardiology stress testing
- Sub-acute care
- Ventilator management program
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.