Anesthesiology - Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) - Corning, NY
$229K to $270K per year plus Starting Bonus and Loan Repayment Options.
Guthrie Corning Hospital is seeking a qualified Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist. You will have a chance to work in the care team model with a collegial group of established Anesthesiologist and CRNAs.
Guthrie's Corning Hospital-based anesthesia department provides support for various specialties including oncologic surgery orthopedics (regional anesthesia blocks) plastic surgery otorhinolaryngology (including pediatrics) labor and delivery gynecology urology gastroenterology ophthalmology interventional radiology cardiology and pulmonary medicine.
Highlights of the Position
- No Call. Flexible schedules.
- Overtime available.
- Wide spectrum of cases with the exception of cardiac thoracic and neurosurgery
- Opportunity to perform regional anesthesia.
- Robust EHR used in all areas including operating room (EPIC 10-Star health system top 1% of EPIC Organizations)
- Anesthesia Department manages OR schedule providing the necessary structure for a smooth efficient workday
- Newly built hospital (2014) with state-of-the-art operating rooms
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation based upon experience. Starting at $229K to $270K plus $40K Starting Bonus.
- Starting bonus of $40K or loan forgiveness of $100K payable over 6 years in lieu of the starting bonus if preferred
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer another CRNA that we hire on a full-time basis
Work Life Balance
- Flexible schedules and no call required
- 32 DAYS PTO plus CME time
- Hospital is located in a safe community with strong family values located minutes from the Finger Lakes
- Meeting time - 7 days with options for home study
- $1,700 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid up to $15K for qualified individuals
- Accompanying partner placement assistance available
- Social and professional special interest groups
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Guthrie Corning Hospital, located in Corning, N.Y., opened a new 65-bed hospital and regional cancer center in 2014. The new facility provides the region emergency, ICU, labor and delivery, surgical, inpatient and outpatient services including wound care, cardiology, medical imaging and cancer care services, including:
- 24-Hour emergency services with 24-hour laboratory, radiology and ultrasound support
- Ambulatory surgery
- Breast Care Center
- Cancer Center
- Coronary care, cardiology stress testing and outpatient rehabilitation
- Laboratory services
- Labor and delivery care
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
- Imaging services
- Musculoskeletal Services
Home to 10,500 residents, Corning has been described as one of "America's best small towns." Historic Market Street in Corning's Gaffer District boasts over one hundred boutique shops, bakeries, art galleries, craft beverage producers, and farm-to-table restaurant options. The Gaffer District hosts unique events every season, such as the Wineglass Marathon, GlassFest, and Sparkle. The Corning Museum of Glass welcomes thousands of visitors annually and offers live glassblowing shows and demonstrations. Upstate New York's only Smithsonian Affiliate, The Rockwell Museum, holds a world-class collection of Western and contemporary Native American Art and other rotating exhibits.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Pharmacy Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery