Cardiothoracic Surgery - Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner
Advanced surgical opportunity for experienced APP
Guthrie is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join its renowned Cardiovascular team.
The best physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated healthcare delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We're glad you are interested in joining our team.
Highlights of the Position:
- Practice in an environment that utilizes cutting-edge techniques and technology
- Involved in all aspects of patient care - Outpatient clinic with inpatient rounding and dedicated OR time.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in first assisting and endoscopic vein harvesting.
- Surgical critical care/OR responsibilities
- Endoscopic vein harvesting
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients and orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures
- Evaluation and follow-up of patients included in various clinical trials and protocols
Work Life Balance
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for primary licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation expenses
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
For more information, contact Krisi VanTassel by calling (570) 887-5203 or via email at Krisi.VanTassel@guthrie.org.