Non-Invasive Cardiologist - Corning, NY
High volume growth potential in well-established cardiology practice
Guthrie is seeking a BC/BE Fellowship trained Non-Invasive Cardiologist to join our nationally renowned cardiovascular team.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Highlights of the Position
- Well-established, high volume cardiology practice
- Excellent opportunity for an independent operator to grow and expand services
- High growth potential, low competition
- Teaching opportunities with Guthrie's Cardiovascular Fellowship and Internal Medicine Residency
- Truven Top 50 Cardiovascular Program for 10 years - only 9 hospitals in the United States have been honored more
- Robust clinical research program
- Guthrie is a regional leader in Northern Pennsylvania and the Finger Lakes area of New York
- Dedicated onboarding specialist assigned to ensure mutual success for the physician and the organization
Guthrie offers a full spectrum of outpatient and inpatient cardiac and vascular testing and treatments with diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization, vascular and endovascular surgery, cardiac surgery, including TAVR, electrophysiology, PVI ablations, ICD and CRT-D implantation, non-invasive testing services, cardiac rehabilitation, an arrhythmia center with left atrial appendage occlusion (Watchman) and advanced cardiac imaging.
Work Life Balance
- Traditional Monday through Friday schedule with comfortable general cardiology call rotation
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive RVU model with strong, internal referral network
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for primary licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie’s residency and fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation expenses
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
For more information, contact Krisi VanTassel by calling (570) 887-5203 or via email at Krisi.VanTassel@guthrie.org.