Cardiology - Medical Director Heart Failure Program - Sayre, PA
Cardiology - Medical Director, Heart Failure Program - Sayre, PA
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
Guthrie is seeking a BC/BE Fellowship trained Heart Failure Specialist to lead our partnership with the Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant team at Temple University Hospital.
Highlights of the Position
- Enhance Heart Failure treatment for patients at Guthrie’s main campus, a Regional Level II Trauma Center, in Sayre, PA in conjunction with Temple University Hospital Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant team (spoke and hub model)
- Collaborate with Temple University Hospital’s Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant team to coordinate treatment for patients requiring mechanical circulatory support devices; transplantation; and local continuity of care
- Teaching opportunities available at both Guthrie with our Cardiovascular Fellowship program and Temple’s Heart Failure/Transplantation Fellowship.
- Participate in virtual and in person patient consults, committees and departmental management meetings/conferences with Temple for team collaboration.
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system, top 1% of Epic organizations)
Guthrie offers a full spectrum of outpatient and inpatient cardiac and vascular testing and treatments with diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization, vascular and endovascular surgery, cardiac surgery, including TAVR, electrophysiology, PVI ablations, ICD and CRT-D implantation, non-invasive testing services, cardiac rehabilitation, an arrhythmia center with left atrial appendage occlusion (Watchman) and advanced cardiac imaging.
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation.
Work Life Balance
- Traditional Monday through Friday schedule with comfortable general cardiology call rotation
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive RVU model with strong, internal referral network
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for primary licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities – Guthrie’s residency and fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation expenses
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
For more information, contact Krisi VanTassel by calling (570) 887-5203 or via email at Krisi.VanTassel@guthrie.org.
About the Hospital
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.