Non-Invasive Cardiologist - Corning, NY
Schedule flexibility 1:13 call $150k loan repayment PLUS starting and retention bonuses
Guthrie is seeking a BC/BE Fellowship trained Non-Invasive Cardiologist to join its well-established practice in Corning, NY
Highlights of the Position
- Excellent opportunity to grow a thriving practice and expand cardiovascular services for the system
- High growth potential low competition
- $50k starting and retention bonuses
- 1:13 call requirement (only 4 weekends per year!)
- Low cost of living
- Schedule flexibility to support work-life balance
- Teaching opportunities with Guthrie's Cardiovascular Fellowship and Internal Medicine Residency programs
- Robust clinical research program
- Visa sponsorship available
Guthrie offers a full spectrum of outpatient and inpatient cardiac and vascular testing and treatments with diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization vascular and endovascular surgery cardiac surgery including TAVR electrophysiology PVI ablations ICD and CRT-D implantation non-invasive testing services cardiac rehabilitation an arrhythmia center with left atrial appendage occlusion (Watchman) and advanced cardiac imaging.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Work Life Balance
- Flexible schedule with comfortable general cardiology call rotation of 1:13
- Generous Paid Time Off annually in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive RVU model with strong internal referral network and LOW cost of living
- Full benefits including medical dental vision and disability
- Malpractice insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for primary licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- $405,000-$541,000 annual compensation
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities ¿ Guthries residency and fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Our General Cardiology Fellowship is a three-year program with 6 Fellows
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Up to $15k relocation allowance
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Early childhood learning center with dedicated spots for Guthrie employees
- Professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start
Home to 10,500 residents, Corning has been described as one of "America's best small towns." Historic Market Street in Corning's Gaffer District boasts over one hundred boutique shops, bakeries, art galleries, craft beverage producers, and farm-to-table restaurant options. The Gaffer District hosts unique events every season, such as the Wineglass Marathon, GlassFest, and Sparkle. The Corning Museum of Glass welcomes thousands of visitors annually and offers live glassblowing shows and demonstrations. Upstate New York's only Smithsonian Affiliate, The Rockwell Museum, holds a world-class collection of Western and contemporary Native American Art and other rotating exhibits.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Pharmacy Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery