Anesthesiology - Sayre, PA
The Guthrie Clinic seeks to recruit an academic anesthesiologist to join our department. The position would include an academic appointment at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. Guthrie’s Robert Packer Hospital based department provides care to patients for various specialties, including oncologic surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, neurosurgery, trauma (Level II), orthopedics (regional anesthesia blocks), plastic surgery, otorhinolaryngology (including pediatrics), labor and delivery, gynecology, urology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, interventional radiology, cardiology, and pulmonary medicine.
- Academic/Faculty opportunities for upcoming Anesthesiology Residency Program
- Simulation Director and Research Director positions available
- Residency has a planned start date of 2021
- Join a collegial group of 14 Anesthesiologists and 22 CRNAs
- Practice in 18 state-of-the-art operating rooms.
- Anesthesia Care Team Model used.
- Teaching opportunities with regular rotations of residents and medical students.
- 40% physician cases and 60% medically directing CRNAs.
- Anesthesia Department manages O.R. schedule providing the necessary structure for a smooth, efficient work day.
- Robust EHR (EPIC) used in all clinical areas including operating room.
- Anesthesia techs available to assist in procedures.
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, ,,Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York, serving patients from a twelve-county service area. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is the first health system based in Pennsylvania and New York to join this network. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., Towanda, Pa., Troy, Pa. and Cortland, N.Y., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offering 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 21 communities in Pennsylvania and New York. In addition, Guthrie offers home medical equipment and respiratory therapy products at seven convenient Med Supply Depot locations. Guthrie provides a wide range of services and programs to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.