Anesthesiology - General Anesthesiologist - Corning, NY
Dreaming of the perfect practice working with a collegial group of Anesthesiologist where the Care Team Model approach to medicine is used?
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking Board Certified or Board Eligible Anesthesiologists for our expanding team. Academic/Faculty opportunities are available for our new Anesthesiology Residency Program.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Guthrie’s Corning Hospital-based anesthesia department provides support for various specialties, including oncologic surgery, orthopedics (regional anesthesia blocks), plastic surgery, otorhinolaryngology (including pediatrics), labor and delivery, gynecology, urology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, interventional radiology, cardiology, and pulmonary medicine.
We are glad you are interested in joining our team.
To start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie email, call or text Stefano Ringer, Physician and APP Recruiter, Guthrie Medical Group. firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 607.426.6009 (cell).
Highlights of the Position
- Academic/Faculty opportunities for new Anesthesiology Residency Program
- New residency program as of July 2020
- Practice in a new hospital (2014) with 5 state-of-the-art operating rooms.
- Anesthesia Care Team Model used.
- Wide spectrum of cases with the exception of cardiac, thoracic and neurosurgery.
- Anesthesia Department manages O.R. schedule providing the necessary structure for a smooth, efficient work day.
- 75% of time doing your own cases, 25% of time medically directing CRNAs.
- Robust EHR (EPIC 10-star health system, top 1% of EPIC organizations)
Work Life Balance
- Limited call schedule
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Above industry average salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403-B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie has 5 residency programs plus the Anesthesia Residency as of July 2020. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus of the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available.
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie's central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning and discovery.