Anesthesiology - Cortland, NY
Anesthesiologist - Guthrie Cortland Medical Center
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advance practice providers choose Guthrie, because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. We're glad you are interested in joining our team.
Guthrie is seeking a general anesthesiologist to work in the care team model with a collegial group of Anesthesiologists and CRNAs.
Highlights of the Position
- Practice in a community hospital with 4 state-of-the-art Operating Rooms
- Anesthesia Care Team Model used
- Wide spectrum of cases plus lots of regional anesthesia
- Anesthesia Department manages O.R. schedule providing the necessary structure for a smooth, efficient work day
- 75% of time doing your own cases, 25% of time medically directing CRNAs
- Robust EHR used in all areas, including OR (EPIC 10-Star health system, top 1% of EPIC organizations)
Work Life Balance
- Limited call schedule
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Above industry average salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403-B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available.
Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
Guthrie Cortland Medical Center, a144-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility, joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019. For over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care.
The region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Cortland and the surrounding area affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities with easy access to big cities like New York, Toronto and Boston.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.