Anesthesiology - Chief - Cortland NY
Chief of Anesthesiology - Guthrie Cortland Medical Center, Cortland, NY
Dr. Guthrie came to our community over 100 years ago with a belief that people in small towns deserved the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and still physician-led, Guthrie Clinic has since grown to be an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients in 12 counties across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
The best physicians and advance practice providers choose Guthrie, because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other.
Guthrie is seeking a Board Certified Anesthesiologist to lead our Cortland based department. You will have a chance to work in the care team model with a collegial group of established Anesthesiologists and CRNAs.
Highlights of the Position
- Looking for a strong, inspirational leader with operational and people skills
- Practice in a community hospital with 4 operating rooms
- Manage team of 4 Anesthesiologists and 3 CRNAs
- Mix of doing your own cases and medically directing CRNAs
- Wide spectrum of cases including general surgery, ortho, OB/Gyn, urology and GI
- Robust EHR used in all areas, including operating room (EPIC 10-Star health system, top 1% of EPIC organizations)
- Anesthesia Department manages OR schedule, providing the necessary structure for a smooth, efficient workday
Work Life Balance
- Call schedule shared equally among MDs
- Post call day off
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays
Comprehensive Compensation and BenefitsB
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a Physician or CRNA that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing Spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
Guthrie Cortland Medical Center, a 144-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility, joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019. For over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.