Anesthesiology 100% Full Time Teaching Residents - Sayre, PA
100% Teaching Anesthesiology Residents - Sayre - Robert Packer Hospital
Guthrie is Seeking an academic anesthesiologist to work supervising and teaching Anesthesiology Residents 100% of the time. Hours are a regular 5 day (40 hour) work week, Monday through Friday. The successful candidate will not be required to participate in call.
Guthrie's Robert Packer Hospital-based anesthesia department provides support for various specialties, including oncologic surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, neurosurgery, trauma (Level II), orthopedics (regional anesthesia blocks), plastic surgery, otorhinolaryngology (including pediatrics), labor and delivery, gynecology, urology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, interventional radiology, cardiology, and pulmonary medicine.
Highlights of the Position
- 18 State-of-the-art operating rooms
- Anesthesia Department manages OR schedule, providing the necessary structure for a smooth, efficient workday
- 100% supervising and teaching anesthesiology residents
- Robust EHR used in all areas, including operating room (Epic 10-Star system, top 1% of Epic organizations).
Work Life Balance
- No Call
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time.
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Adjusted salary and bonus structure.
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance.
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions.
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals.
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis.
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study.
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies.
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie has 5 residency programs plus the Anesthesia Residency as of 2020. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician Mentoring and leadership training opportunities available.
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie's central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning and discovery.