Anesthesiology - General Anesthesiologist - Corning, NY
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking Board Certified or Board Eligible Anesthesiologists for our expanding team. Academic/Faculty opportunities are available for our new Anesthesiology Residency Program.
Guthries Corning Hospital-based anesthesia department provides support for various specialties including oncologic surgery orthopedics (regional anesthesia blocks) plastic surgery otorhinolaryngology (including pediatrics) labor and delivery gynecology urology gastroenterology ophthalmology interventional radiology cardiology and pulmonary medicine.
Highlights of the Position
- Academic/Faculty opportunities for new Anesthesiology Residency Program
- New residency program as of July 2020
- Practice in a new hospital (2014) with 5 state-of-the-art operating rooms.
- Anesthesia Care Team Model used.
- Wide spectrum of cases with the exception of cardiac thoracic and neurosurgery.
- Anesthesia Department manages O.R. schedule providing the necessary structure for a smooth efficient work day.
- 75% of time doing your own cases 25% of time medically directing CRNAs.
- Robust EHR (EPIC 10-star health system top 1% of EPIC organizations)
Work Life Balance
- Limited call schedule
- Generous paid time off annually in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Starting Salary of $475K plus bonuses
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403-B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- 10000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie has 5 residency programs plus the Anesthesia Residency as of July 2020. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus of the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available.
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Contact Name:Stefano Ringer