Anesthesiologist Nocturnist - General Anesthesiologist - Sayre, PA
NEW POSITION - 26 Weeks Off per year - $500K total yearly comp. NEW GRADS WELCOME!
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking Board Certified or Board Eligible Nocturnist Anesthesiologists for our expanding team.
200K Student Loan Forgiveness $25K Starting Bonus $25K Retention Bonus and more!
Guthrie's Robert Packer Hospital-based Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine Department provides support for various specialties including oncologic surgery cardiothoracic surgery vascular surgery neurosurgery trauma (Level II) orthopedics (regional anesthesia blocks) plastic surgery otorhinolaryngology (including pediatrics) labor and delivery gynecology urology gastroenterology ophthalmology interventional radiology cardiology and pulmonary medicine.
Highlights of the Position
- Weeks run from Saturday through following Saturday and consist of:
- Finishing Regular OR Schedule
- Urgent and Emergent Care except for Cardiac
- Care Model: Primarily Anesthesiology Care Team Model with CRNAs and Residents and occasional direct patient care outside the care team model.
- New Anesthesiology Residency Program started July 2020
- 18 state-of-the-art operating rooms
- Robust EHR used in all areas including operating room (EPIC 10-Star health system top 1% of EPIC Organizations)
- Anesthesia Department manages OR schedule providing the necessary structure for a smooth efficient workday
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Above industry average salary - $485K + Bonus
- $15K Quality/Citizenship Bonus available yearly
- Full benefits including medical dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403B) with employer match (1/2 of first 6% that you invest) and (1-3.5%) age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Salary range $454,000-$540,000
Work Life Balance
- 26 Weeks On/26 Weeks Off
- 7, 14-hour shifts. 7 days on 7 days off
- Hours are 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty specific medical societies
- Physician Mentoring and leadership training opportunities available.
- Relocation expenses paid - up to $15K for qualified candidates (subject to taxes)
- Accompanying partner placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
Located on the Pennsylvania and New York border, Sayre is part of the larger community known as the Penn-York Valley or simply "The Valley." The other communities comprise Athens, PA, South Waverly, PA, and Waverly, NY. The combined population of these communities is 35,000. The Valley offers scenic countryside and rural living with easy access to larger areas such as Corning, NY, Ithaca, NY, and Binghamton, NY. I-86 is only minutes away and offers a direct route to Elmira and Binghamton, NY airports.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Pharmacy Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery