Leadership - Advance Practice Provider Director
Leadership Opportunity for a results driven Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant!
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
Highlights of the opportunity
- This exciting, new role will collaborate with physician and nursing leadership to provide system leadership to meet the strategies, goals and performance targets of the organization's mission, strategic plan and Advanced Practice Provider (APP) workforce needs.
- Partner with administration to focus on APP Recruitment, Onboarding and Retention
- Complete peer reviews and provide oversight to scheduling related issues concerning APPs
- Active member of the APP Council
- Promote appropriate utilization of APPs within the organization
- Assure effective communication amongst APPs, physicians, administration and staff
- Remain update to date on state and national legislative issues involving APPs
- Work with lead APPs to improve training and utilization of APPs at the department level
- This role is 50% clinical and 50% administrative
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Kerry Hitchcock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-725-8308.
- Five years practice experience as an Advanced Practice Provider is required
- APP leadership is preferred
Work Life Balance
- Standard hours - Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- No call requirement, depending on specialty
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Dedication to Quality Patient Care
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system, top 1% of Epic organizations)
- Easy access to Guthrie Specialists
- All locations accredited Patient Centered Medical Home under the NCQA standards
- Care Coordinators (RN) available at all locations to care for high-risk patients and provide education
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 7 days with options for home study
- $1,700 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Provider mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Provider professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.