Enterprise Chief Clinical Officer, The Guthrie Clinic
Guthrie Clinic is seeking an Executive Vice President, Enterprise Chief Clinical Officer (EVP/CSO) who will play a pivotal role in leading health care delivery for the system. Located in Sayre, Pennsylvania, Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York, serving patients from a twelve-county service area.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We’re glad you are interested in joining our team.
At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
Highlights of the opportunity
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Enterprise Chief Clinical Officer of the Guthrie Clinic will serve as an integral member of the executive leadership team.
- This individual will have keen focus on the advancement of clinical care systemness, serving as a change agent in transforming care delivery across the enterprise.
- The candidate will lead the Guthrie Clinic’s ongoing emphasis on high-value, safe patient care through oversight of all aspects of clinical performance.
- An important aspect of this position will be collaborating closely with the system’s Chief Quality Officer to drive high quality and top tier patient experience and the President of the Medical Group, who leads the provider cadre of over 600 physicians and Advanced Practice Providers.
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Kerry Hitchcock at email@example.com or 607-725-8308.
- The successful candidate will be a physician with at least five years in a physician executive leadership role; an advanced degree in health care administration is preferred.
- The candidate who will best succeed is one who is visible, proactive, transparent, decisive, an outstanding communicator and one who is able to build relationship and establish trust and credibility across a diverse group of stakeholders and functional leaders in a matrixed, complex, high performance health system.
The Enterprise Chief Clinical Officer role represents an outstanding leadership opportunity to be part of a team with a nationally recognized, growing, health system that is committed to transforming and delivering innovative models of care. Given the Guthrie Clinic’s track record of performance, broad geographic footprint that includes a wide array of health services and most notably, its talented caregivers, the leader will leverage their leadership along to advance the mission of improving health through clinical excellence and compassion.
Dedication to Quality Patient Care
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system, top 1% of Epic organizations)
- Easy access to Guthrie Specialists
- All locations accredited Patient Centered Medical Home under the NCQA standards
- Care Coordinators (RN) available at all locations to care for high-risk patients and provide education
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie’s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.