Guthrie Corning Hospital Auxiliary
The Auxiliary at Corning Hospital welcomes community members and employees to assist with fundraising endeavors and community outreach events. For more information on joining the Corning Hospital Auxiliary call 607-937-7455 or complete our registration form.
The Auxiliary of Corning Hospital is actively involved in a number of projects in support of the mission of Guthrie Corning Hospital, including:
- Health care education and advocacy programs
- Annual Fall Luncheon series
- Valentine’s Ball
- Bridge Marathon
- Tours of distinctive homes
- Clothing drives
- American Red Cross Blood drives
- Hospital gardens
The Auxiliary at Corning Hospital has been recognized numerous times by the Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) for its advocacy and support of the hospital’s mission of service to the community. Recent awards Include:
- 2007 HANYS Auxiliary of the Year, 2009 Honorable Mention
- 2009 HANYS Distinguished Service Award
- Annual HANYS Auxiliary Advocacy Recognition
- American Red Cross Platinum Award
Volunteer at Guthrie Corning Hospital
The mission of Guthrie’s Corning Hospital Volunteer Services department is to engage the community in supporting Guthrie’s mission of helping those we serve attain optimal, life-long health and well-being by offering the highest quality care and service with compassion.
Guthrie Volunteer Services department, through its dedicated volunteers, offers an important dimension of patient-centeredness, teamwork and excellence to the patients, visitors and health care personnel at Guthrie.
Our volunteers love to make a difference in our patients’ experience and for the staff they work with. The dedication of volunteers plays an important role in Guthrie’s success and in the lives of patients and their families. We invite you to join our volunteer team and begin making a difference - every patient, every time.
Join Our Team
Those interested in volunteering may get an application as follows::
- Online by clicking here
- Call 607-937-7455
- Stop by Volunteer Services at Guthrie Corning Hospital. Click here for directions.
Applications will be reviewed and selected prospective volunteers will be contacted to complete the health requirements form and orientation before beginning their volunteer experience.
Volunteers have the opportunity to make a difference in many areas of Guthrie Corning Hospital. The following opportunities are available:
- Front desk ambassadors
- Cancer center greeters
- Outpatient services
- Internal mail delivery
- Gift shop assistants
- Volunteer office support
- Special fundraising projects
- Auxiliary projects
- Other opportunities as identified
Benefits of Volunteering
There are many benefits to volunteering at Guthrie Corning Hospital, including:
- $5.00 cafeteria lunch credit
- 20% percent discount on regular priced merchandise at the Guthrie Corning Hospital Gift Shop
- Waived initiation fee at HealthWorks Wellness & Fitness Center and 50% discount on a monthly membership
- 10% discount on frames at the Guthrie Optical Shop
- Pride and satisfaction of lending a compassionate heart and hand
Giving to Guthrie Corning Hospital
Guthrie Corning Hospital has proudly cared for the health care needs of our region for more than 100 years. As a non-profit, community hospital we are committed to providing quality, accessible health care for the entire family. Donations to Guthrie and Guthrie Corning Hospital are critical to the support of vital community programs, the enhancement of services and ensure that we can continue to grow to meet the changing needs of our patients and their loved ones.
Click here to learn more about giving opportunities that change and improve the health and quality of life for individuals in our region. To speak to a Guthrie Resource Development representative, please call 570-887-4420.