Mission Statement, Goals, and Student Learning Outcomes
The mission of the Radiologic Technology program is to integrate Mansfield University’s liberal arts emphasis to develop competent entry level diagnostic radiographers. As graduates, these radiographers will possess the expertise necessary to meet the needs of the communities they serve, while providing compassionate, patient-centered care.
Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Goal #1: To provide the health care community with competent, entry-level diagnostic radiographers.
- Students will position patients accurately.
- Students will align CR accurately.
- Students will select optimal exposure factors.
- Students will apply radiation protection principles.
- Students will successfully perform diagnostic procedures while under the supervision of staff technologists.
Goal #2: Students will demonstrate appropriate patient communication and education skills.
- Students will identify themselves and the patient, verify the body part to be imaged, and obtain an accurate history
- Students will explain the procedure and process for obtaining the diagnostic report
Goal #3: Students will demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking when performing medical imaging procedures.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking while performing radiographic procedures.
- Students will evaluate radiographic images for appropriate positioning and image quality.
Goal #4: Students will demonstrate professionalism.
Students will demonstrate professional and ethical conduct.
Goal #5: The program will continuously monitor its effectiveness.
- Students will complete the program.
- Graduates will pass the ARRT Certification Exam on the first attempt.
- Graduates pursuing employment will be employed within twelve months after program completion.
Goal #6: The program will promote graduate and employer satisfaction.
- Graduates will express satisfaction with the training received during the program.
- Employers will express satisfaction with the performance of the graduates.