Guthrie offers specialty-trained lung and breast oncology nurse navigators to help guide patients and their support team throughout your cancer care. Our nurse navigators will help coordinate efficient and quality care throughout your diagnosis and treatment by coordinating your care with the members of the cancer team.
Our oncology nurse navigators will help you and your family by:
- Helping you understand the nature of your specific diagnosis and treatment plans.
- Coordinating your care plan with your physicians, including appointments, tests and treatment.
- Making educational materials available to you and/or your caregivers.
- Answering questions throughout the treatment journey.
- Ensuring that your case has a multidisciplinary, team-based approach to your care.
- Providing support and encouragement during your illness.
- Assisting in locating additional community information and resources.
- Assisting in referrals for support, including home and/or hospice care.