How Does Guthrie Sports Medicine treat an injury?
Guthrie Sports Medicine uses a multidisciplinary approach that involves a team physician, physical therapists, and athletic trainers who provide prompt evaluation and treatment of injuries by sports medicine specialists, and advanced techniques to prevent, evaluate, treat, and rehabilitate the injury to active individuals.
Besides traditional physical therapy treatments, we utilize leading edge techniques and equipment such as:
- Cognitive therapy for treatment of concussions
- Customized therapeutic exercise programs
- Electrical stimulation
- Fellowship trained manual therapy
- Graston technique - augmented soft tissue mobilization
- Mechanical traction
- Orthopaedic specialists
- Powergroove- advanced strength training
- Pnuemax: progressive weight bearing treadmill
Using the interdisciplinary approach, the Guthrie Sports Medicine team develops an appropriate treatment plan for the individual, taking into consideration how the injury affects the athlete’s lifestyle.