At Guthrie we encourage healthy newborns to remain in the room with mom until both are ready to go home. The same nurse will care for both you and your baby. Our rooms include reclining chairs that can be made up with linens, giving fathers or partners the opportunity to be a part of the bonding process during the entire hospital stay.
Benefits of caring for mom and baby together include:
- Personalized care
- Improved confidence through better education for parents
- Improved mother-baby bonding
- Family-centered atmosphere
- More successful breastfeeding
- Improved patient satisfaction