Guthrie offers a competitive wage and benefit package. Below is a summary highlighting key benefits. *(Benefit packages may change at any time. Benefit plan documents always take precedence over this or any other list.)
- Health Insurance – A comprehensive health insurance benefit plan is available for eligible employees, their spouses and dependent children. The employee’s portion of premium is deducted from biweekly paychecks on a pre-tax basis.
- Dental Insurance – Dental insurance plans are available for eligible employees, their spouses and dependent children. The employee’s portion of premium is deducted from biweekly paychecks on a pre-tax basis.
- Life Insurance – Eligible employees are covered by a group term life insurance policy with a core benefit provided at no cost.
- Disability Insurance – Eligible employees with a qualified disability are protected against the loss of salary/wages. Core benefits are provided at no cost to the employee.
- Workers Compensation – Guthrie provides Workers Compensation benefits in accordance with Pennsylvania and New York State law for any work-related injury or illness resulting in absence from work.
Time Off with Pay
- Guthrie offers a generous paid time off (PTO) program that allows eligible employees time off with pay for vacation, sick and holiday.
- Bereavement Leave – Benefit eligible employees are provided with paid leave in the event of the death of an immediate family member.
- Jury Duty – Benefit-eligible employees are provided full compensation while attending required jury duty service.
- Retirement Benefits – Each Guthrie entity provides a retirement savings plan for eligible employees.
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan – The 403(b) plan is a retirement savings plan that offers employees the opportunity to save and invest their money on a pre-tax basis. Contributions up to the IRS annual limit are allowed. After the first year of service, Guthrie will match a percentage of employee contributions to the 403(b) up to the first 5 percent of the employee’s contribution. A financial adviser is on site to assist with financial planning and investment strategy.
- Guthrie Medical Group 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – Employees may contribute up to the designated IRS annual limit on a pre-tax basis. After 90 days of service, Guthrie Clinic will make a basic contribution equal to 5 percent of the employee’s monthly gross pay, whether or not the employee makes voluntary contributions.
- Corning Hospital Pension Plan – Corning Hospital eligible employees may enroll in the employer-funded pension plan after completing one year of service. The employee earns a pension benefit based on a formula that includes salary and years of service. Employees may contribute 1 percent of their pay to the plan and receive an enhancement to the base formula.
- Tuition Reimbursement – For those wishing to finish their education or pursue more training, Guthrie reimburses for expenses for education and training. The Guthrie tuition reimbursement program provides a minimum benefit of $3,000 annually for employees who are pursuing an Associates or Bachelors Degree in fields that pertain to career advancement at Guthrie. In addition, specialized programs in nursing careers may provide up to $7,500 annually for employees pursuing their Bachelors or Masters Degree in Nursing.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Optional medical and dependent care accounts are available to meet your needs and the needs of your family.
- Employee Assistance Program – The Guthrie Employee Assistance Program provides information, education, counseling and support to all employees and their family members, so that we each may reach our fullest potential as people and as employees. The service is free and confidential.
- Pharmacy – Guthrie Clinic Pharmacy provides a variety of discount offers for over-the-counter medications and supplies, and reduced co-pays for employees and their families for the purchase of 90-day supply of prescriptions.
- Malpractice Services – Guthrie provides all employees with scope of duty Professional Liability (Malpractice) Insurance and pays 100 percent of the premiums.
- Direct Deposit – As a convenience and so that funds are immediately available, payroll checks can be deposited directly into your account with any bank that accepts ACH funds.
- Employee Discounts – Guthrie provides a variety of discount offers for employees and their families for cell phone service, theme parks, regional shops and attractions.