The American Heart Association Community Training Center is still located within the Robert Packer System and classes are still coordinated through the old EMS office here:
Office Hours: Monday & Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
American Heart Association
at Guthrie Health Services
1 Guthrie Square
Sayre, PA 18840
The Bradford Susquehanna EMS office is closed as of October 31, 2012. Their duties were assigned to the EMS of Northeast PA at the link below:
EMS of Northeast PA
1153 Oak Street
Pittston, PA 18640
Original courses are two day courses.
Please contact the office:
- If an orginals class is needed.
- If there is a need for multiple people to be recertified in a department and an instructor is needed to come to your location.
If you are interested in attending an Instructor Class please send an email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, you will be contacted when a date is chose.
- ACLS Instructor Registration Form
- BLS Instructor Registration Form
- PALS Instructor Registration Form
Heartcode (For Renewals Only)
Sometimes it is hard to get into a class due to the class being full, scheduling conflicts, time restraints and so forth. When this occurs, don’t let your renewal training lapse. You can take your American Heart Association ACLS, BLS, and PALS partially on line and finish up with an instructor later. The AHA has come up with Part 1 for each curriculum wherein students can take a web-based, self-paced program. After completing the web-based program, students are required to practice and test their skills with an AHA instructor or a voice assist manikin. When both portions are complete, the student receives a course completion card just like the one they receive at the end of a classroom/instructor led class.
In order to take these on-line classes you will need to do the following:
- Clear it with your administrator/manager to take the on-line course.
- Go to the OnlineAHA.org at http://www.onlineaha.org/
- Click on course catalog
- Choose the course you want to take
- Register as a user
- Pay, take, and pass the course.
- Print the course completion certificate and fax it to me along with a Heartcode registration form (found at the top of this web page) at the number provided at the top of this web page.
Once I have your registration form, I will contact you to set up a date and time to take the skills session of the program. Be advised, you only have 59 days to complete the skill session after completing the on-line portion. Otherwise you have to retake the on-line portion prior to taking the skills session. So make sure you get your certificate to me as soon as you complete the part 1 of the class.
- Complete the skills testing with a AHA instructor.
- Get your card.