Ambulance Services – Emergency and Non-Emergency Transportation
Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital EMS offers patients safe, reliable and cost effective non-emergency transportation to or from any hospital, nursing facility, personal care home, doctor appointments, dentist appointments, return trips home. Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital’s experienced Emergency Medical Services staff is on duty 24 hours a day to respond to pre-hospital medical or trauma related emergencies. We provide both basic and advanced levels of care to the residents of Bradford County and parts of Sullivan County. To arrange non-emergency transportation please call 570-265-5274.
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
The Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation programs at Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital offer individually designed and medically supervised programs for the recovering cardiac and pulmonary patient. Our team of certified cardiac and pulmonary rehab nurses will assist you in achieving and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. If you are interested in the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program, a physician’s referral is necessary for you to enter the program. For further information about the Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs in Towanda, call 570-268-2365.
Cardiopulmonary services include advanced, non-invasive testing to aid in diagnosis and assessment of heart or pulmonary disease.
Services by Appointment:
- Nuclear Cardiac Imaging both exercise and non-exercise testing
- Cardiac exercise stress test
- Stress echocardiogram Dobutamine & exercise
- Pulmonary function testing including complete, pre/post, disability, diffusion, lung volume
- Holter monitoring
- Sleep studies
- Pulmonary rehab
- Esophageal motility
- 24 Hour pH monitoring
To schedule an appointment please call 570-268-2315.
Click here to learn more about cardiac and vascular care at Guthrie.
Critical Care Unit
The Critical Care Unit at Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital is a specialty care unit designed to specialized medical and nursing care for the critically ill patient. This unit is for the patient who requires continuous, comprehensive, and detailed intensive care. A multi-disciplinary approach is used to care for the critically-ill patient and is provided by the physician and a highly skilled, certified critical care nursing staff.
Diabetic Education Program
Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital offers both individual diabetic education and monthly classes to patients just diagnosed with diabetes or patients that want to refresh your knowledge. One of the best ways to face the challenges of diabetes is to understand the disease. These classes make it possible for professional diabetic instructors to interact on a very personal level with individuals who have diabetes. To register for the classes in Towanda please call 570-268-2343.
Click here to learn more about diabetes care at Guthrie.
The emergency department is open 24 hours, 7 days a week and includes six treatment areas. Our experienced team of doctors and nurses work together to provide excellent emergency care to every patient from pediatrics through geriatrics. For further information about the Emergency Care at Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital please call 570-268-2274.
Inpatient Medical/Surgical Care
The Medical-Surgical Unit is where most patients spend the night at Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital. Our nursing staff has a wide variety of training and experience. Because we treat everyone from infants to elderly patients, we encourage our nurses to be lifelong learners along with taking classes in current medical procedures and technology. Nurses on medical/surgical units work with many other professionals including: doctors, social workers, dietitians, pharmacists and physical, occupational and speech therapists, and respiratory therapists in developing a plan for care to fit each individual patient.
For further information about medical/surgical inpatient care at Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital, call 570-265-2191.
Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital’s laboratory is staff by a team of professionals operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide quick and accurate results. You do not need an appointment to have your blood drawn. In addition, Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital laboratory offers:
- Services to nursing homes in Bradford, Sullivan, Susquehanna and Wyoming counties.
- In home lab draws to patients who are in need of lab testing, but find travel to our facility too difficult. This service is available to patients residing in Bradford and its surrounding counties.
- Multiphasic blood work testing for businesses, schools and the general public in offering multiphasic health screenings.
For more information at 570-268-2466.
Professional massage therapists provide therapy in a private, soothing setting conveniently located on the hospital campus just off Hospital Drive. Massage services offered:
- Swedish - long flowing strokes and kneading of muscles.
- Trigger Point / Accupressure - direct pressure is applied at the point of tension.
- Myofascial Release - deep massage and stretching that works on releasing the fascia.
- Facial Massage - a luxurious massage that can help keep facial muscles smooth and toned. The skin is cleansed, stimulated, exfoliated and moisturized. Your hands, feet, neck and shoulders are also massaged.
- Hot Stone Massage - warm, comforting and penetrates deeply into sore, achy muscles.
- 90-Minute Massage- $80.00
- Hot Stone Massage - $60.00
- Facial - $60.00
- Steamy Wonder / Half Hour Massage - $65.00
- One Hour Massage - $55.00
- Half Hour Massage - $35.00
- Steamy Wonder - $40.00
- 15-Minute Massage - $20.00
Hours are Monday through Saturday, days and evenings, by appointment. Gift certificates are available for sale at the main registration desk of the hospital.
Please call 570-268-2386 to schedule your appointment.
Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital Imaging provides a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging studies, including:
- Bone Densitometry
- CT Multi-Slice Scanner
- Linear Tomography
- Nuclear Medicine
For further information about Medical Imaging in Towanda call 570-268-2283.
Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) is a community health program that helps transform the lives of women who are pregnant with their first child. Each mother we serve is partnered with a registered nurse (RN) early in her pregnancy and receives ongoing nurse home visits throughout pregnancy that continues through her child's second birthday. The program helps new mothers learn more about pregnancy, childbirth and the baby’s growth and development, prepare for the arrival of the newborn, and build a strong network for mom and baby. Participation in NFP is voluntary and is FREE to all eligible women. You are eligible for the program if
- You are pregnant with your first child
- Meet income requirements.
- Join before the 28th week of pregnancy.
NFP encourages fathers, partners, family members and even friends to be involved in the visits and learn how they can best support you and your baby. You and your nurse can decide together who gets involved. Please call Nurse-Family Partnership at 570-268-2372 for information on how to enroll in the program.
Physician referral to Occupational Therapy facilitates evaluation and treatment of individuals from infancy through geriatrics. Therapy is offered in a variety of settings. These include inpatient acute care, skilled nursing, home health, school systems, outpatient, and on site at industries. Services are provided by registered and state licensed occupational therapists and certified assistants.
- Upper extremity treatment
- Hand therapy
- Tendon injury management
- Developmental delay therapy
- Visual therapy
- Work reconditioning
- Ergonomic consultation
- Pre-placement screening
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Treatment of cumulative trauma disorders
- Shoulder rehabilitation
- Motor control therapy
- Family training
- Job task analysis
- Brain injury rehabilitation
All referrals are by physician prescription. For more information, call 570-268-2209.
Pain Management Clinic
Each patient is evaluated to determine the appropriate treatment options and provides individualized care. These treatment options include:
- Lumbar, thoracic and cervical epidural steroid injections
- Lumber sympathetic blocks
- Sphenopalatine blocks
- Precision joint injections
- Radiofrequency neuroablative procedures
- Peripheral or spinal cord stimulator trials and implants
Please call 570-268-4713 for an appointment.
Personal Care Home
The Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital Personal Care Home offers a unique housing opportunity for individuals who may require assistance to maintain their independence. Residents of the Personal Care Home will be assisted in maintaining an active and self-sufficient lifestyle. The Personal Care Home is a special combination of housing, personalized supportive services and health care designed to respond to people who need help in activities of daily living but do not need the skilled medical care provided in a nursing home. The Personal Care Home will provide maximum independence and dignity for each resident while encouraging the involvement of a resident's family, neighbors and friends.
Residents will enjoy:
- Staff on duty 24 hours a day.
- Completely accessible for wheelchairs, walkers, canes, etc.
- Assistance with personal hygiene such as bathing, mouth care, hair grooming, shampooing, dressing and care of clothes, and shaving.
- Help with tasks of daily living such as securing transportation, shopping, making and keeping appointments, care of personal possessions, use of the telephone, correspondence, personal laundry, social and leisure activities, walking, use of artificial limbs.
- Every room has a private bath.
- Monitoring of and reminders for medication use.
- Meals provided three times a day; snacks provided; special dietary needs accommodated.
- Organized activity programs such as bingo, spiritual groups, music, trips, shopping, etc.
- Each room has an emergency call system.
- Housekeeping provided.
- Visitors welcomed.
- Residents may own their car and come and go as they please.
- Furniture is provided or you may bring your own.
- Fire protection - alarms, sprinkler system.
- Rooms are cable TV and telephone ready.
The Personal Care Home is a 94-bed facility and is located on the campus of Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital. Free tours are gladly offered upon request. For more information about Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital’s Personal Care Home please call 570-268-2424.
Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital Physical Therapy team provides rehabilitation for a loss of function due to illness, injury or surgery for adults and children. Physical therapists treat injuries related to bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles. Other issues that may be addressed include balance, strength and coordination. Therapists develop an individualized plan to help you recover as much movement as possible using a variety of modalities, including heat and cold, electrical stimulation, massage, range of motion exercises, strength training and manual therapy.
Pediatric therapy is available for children with physical and developmental disabilities. Services include:
- Standardized developmental testing.
- Swallowing and feeding evaluation and treatment.
- Cognitive therapy.
- Oral motor therapy.
- Assistive communication devices.
- Gross and fine motor evaluation and treatment.
- Neurodevelopmental techniques (NDT).
- Myofascial release and craniosacral therapy.
All referrals are by physician prescription. For more information, call 570-268-2209.
Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is for people with lung disorders. The pulmonary fitness program at Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital seeks to slow down and minimize progression of the debilitating symptoms of lung disease by combining exercise with education, breathing retraining, nutritional counseling and psychosocial support. Individualized programs can be set up for patients of all ages who suffer from any of a variety of lung disorders, such as COPD, asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema or fibrosis and others as well as for lung transplant and lung reduction candidates. For further information about the Cardiopulmonary Services in Towanda, call 570-268-2243.
Skilled Nursing Care and Rehabilitation
Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital’s Skilled Nursing Unit offers patients specialized therapies combining the advantages of specialized rehabilitation, long term care, and the services of an acute care hospital. Admissions to the Skilled Nursing Unit are carefully considered for individuals who require professional nursing care and related medical services on a 24-hour, 7 day a week basis while not currently in need of acute hospital care.
For more information about Skilled Nursing services, admissions and rates please contact Admission Coordinator at 570-268-2429. For Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Notice of Privacy Practices click here.
Sleep Disorder Studies
What can you expect when you come in for a sleep study? There is a comfortable, private room where you will spend the night. Your sleep disorder test will be scored and interpreted by a physician who is board certified in sleep medicine and a treatment plan will then be provided to your family physician. A second sleep study may be necessary to assure the treatment has eliminated your symptoms and to assure you can finally get a good night’s sleep. For more information please call 570-268-2537.
Through referral from a physician, speech language pathology services are provided to individuals from infancy through geriatrics. Infants and toddlers may receive speech therapy if they have feeding and swallowing problems, or need assistance developing verbal communication. Preschool children may require some extra help to learn basic skills such as communicating needs and wants. School-age children often go to speech therapy to learn to correct articulation errors and improve language skills. Adults may see a speech therapist if they have a brain injury that has affected communication or swallowing.
If you, or your child, have any of the following symptoms you may benefit from speech therapy:
- Developmental speech delay
- Swallowing or feeding difficulties
- Fluency (stuttering) disorders
- Voice disorders
- Articulation disorders
- Language disorders
- Oral motor deficits
- Cognitive delays
- Difficulty attending and focusing
Your speech therapist will offer assistance with:
- Speech and language skills
- Listening and understanding
- Augmentative and alternative communication, such as sign language or using a communication device
- Swallowing and feeding disorders
- Cognitive skills including organization, memory, and word retrieval
- Maintaining attention and focus
For an evaluation and treatment plan to meet your personal needs, call Speech Language Pathology at 570-268-2385.
Swing Bed Rehab
Our Swing Bed Rehab Program is designed to facilitate short-term rehabilitative care following an illness or injury. The Swing Bed Rehab Program assists individuals in improving their physical, emotional and social functioning through nursing and rehabilitative therapies to ensure a safe and healthy return to home and normal activities of daily living. For more information about the Swing Bed Rehab Program at Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital please call 570-268-2352.
Vision Therapy utilizes a complex set of systems that encompasses acuity, visual perceptual skills, visual motor integration skills and ocular motor skills. For more information about Vision Therapy at Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital please call 570-268-2209.
We offer HMR Healthy Solutions®, a simple, “decision-free™” weight loss plan that makes it easy to lose weight and feel great. You can lose a lot of weight quickly by making just a few simple changes. We call these “easy wins”. Here are a few of the "easy wins" HMR offers to help you lose weight and gain health, all while staying full and satisfied. Weight loss services available include:
- Easy-to-follow diet - no extensive grocery shopping or cooking.
- Proven, healthy approach to weight loss using Health Management Resources™ (HMR) meal replacements and unlimited amounts of vegetables and fruits.
- In-depth lifestyle education, personalized attention, and intensive follow-up.
- Long-term maintenance support.
- Program developed by HMR, the nation's leading provider of weight management programs to the medical community.
- Specializing in rapid and significant weight loss.
- Whether you have 200 pounds to lose or just 10, we can help. More than just a diet, the HMR Program will provide you with lifelong skills for your health and weight management.
Please call for more information at 570-268-2343. Free orientations and consultations are offered.
Click here for more information about weight loss services at Guthrie including surgical options.