Weight Loss Surgery
Weight loss surgery (also known as metabolic or bariatric surgery) is a proven method for reducing weight and improving health in patients with clinically severe obesity. Bariatric surgery can also reduce or eliminate many obesity-related chronic diseases. Several of our weight loss surgery patients report remission of their type 2 diabetes, experience a better night’s sleep and have a reduced risk for many of the health issues they had prior to surgery including hypertension, back pain and sleep apnea.
Deciding to have weight loss surgery is a significant step that requires a long-term lifestyle change. To decide whether weight loss surgery is right for you, please attend one of our free information seminars, either online or in a group session, where you will learn more about our bariatric surgery program, meet our team, and take the first step in your weight loss journey.
Our weight loss team has developed a fully integrated program to assist in your successful healthy living transformation beyond surgery, including:
- Nutrition counseling with our registered dieticians for guidance on healthy eating
- An individualized program from our fitness specialist that is safe, enjoyable and sustainable
- Psychological support from our licensed psychologist
We offer three options for surgery:
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band (LAP-BAND®)
- Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectromy
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric-Bypass
Getting started with the Guthrie Weight Loss Center is easy:
Call us at 570-887-3920 or register online for one of our free weight loss seminars to learn about our program. For those interested in Weight Loss Surgery, see the New Patient Information Packet for more information on getting started.