Robotic Partial Nephrectomy
A robotic partial nephrectomy provides a surgical option to kidney diseases such as kidney cancer. Depending on the size and location of the kidney tumor, the robotic partial nephrectomy offers the ability to save all or part of the affected kidney. Sparing kidney tissue is important because removing the entire kidney can result in an increased chance for long-term chronic kidney disease. Also, if something happens to the patient’s other kidney, the patient will still have one in reserve.
The benefits of robotic partial nephrectomy include:
- Precise tumor removal and kidney reconstruction
- Achieving surgical cancer control
- Increased chance of preserving all or part of the affected kidney
- Decreased rate of surgical complications
- Shorter hospital stay and faster return to normal activity
Our outcomes meet national standards. We are able to get negative surgical margins with no recurrence of cancer.