Nationally recognized by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, the Guthrie Cancer Center physicians are fellowship-trained and have extensive experience in diagnosing and treating all types of cancer, including advanced stage diseases.
Guthrie Cancer Center can often help even if:
- you do not yet have a definitive diagnosis.
- you have been diagnosed with a cancer that is aggressive, rare, or difficult to treat.
- you have been told that surgery is not an option.
- previous medical tests have not determined the type or stage of your cancer.
The Guthrie Cancer Center offers you access to advanced technologies and treatments, including surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy. Our goal is to ensure you are as comfortable as possible as you fight this disease by preserving your quality of life during and after treatment.
Guthrie Cancer Center offers:
- The experience of board-certified, fellowship-trained cancer specialists
- Medical, radiation and surgical oncologists working together to fight your disease
- The region’s only fellowship-trained surgical oncologists with the experience and training to treat aggressive cancers
- Comprehensive interventional radiology treatments using imaging techniques such as CT, ultrasound and MRI to guide the delivery of treatments directly to a tumor
- Oncology Certified Nurses trained to support and guide you through your chemotherapy treatment
- Breast, gynecological and lung cancer navigators to coordinate your care and help navigate you through your cancer diagnosis
- The largest selection of clinical trials in the region
- Minimally invasive surgical options using da Vinci® robotic surgery for prostate and gynecological cancer with less recovery time than traditional surgery
- Complete range of support services including an oncology social worker