Guthrie Corning Hospital Auxiliary/Corning-Painted Post Historical Society to Sponsor Notable Homes Tour

Subscribe to Syndicate

Press releases

Guthrie Corning Hospital Auxiliary/Corning-Painted Post Historical Society to Sponsor Notable Homes Tour

Sayre, Pa. – The Guthrie Corning Hospital Auxiliary has joined with the Corning-Painted Post Historical Society to sponsor The 2013 Corning House Tour - “Past to Present”, on Saturday, June 1 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Corning, which is known nationally for its historic Gaffer District, also offers a broad variety of architecture dating from the Victorian period to the present. The homes on the tour date from 1840 to 2004 and are in the Corning area. Six area homes and one church will be open for tours.

Advance tickets are $15 with day-of tickets available for $20 on the tour. Tickets can be purchased at the following locations:

• Corning: Brown’s Cigar Store, Guthrie Corning Hospital Gift Shop, Patterson Inn Welcome Center

• Painted Post: Tallman’s

• Elmira: Cappy’s

• Big Flats: Minier’s Market

• Gang Mills: Heavenly Cup

Proceeds from the house tour will benefit both Guthrie Corning Hospital Auxiliary and the Corning-Painted Post Historical Society. For more information call 607-937-5281 or email cpphs@stny.rr.com.

The purpose of The Corning-Painted Post Historical Society, a non-profit organization, is to encourage research, preserve, exhibit, publish and educate the public about the local history of the Corning-Painted Post Region. The Society was founded in 1946 by Father Robert F. McNamara and it was issued a New York State Board of Regent’s charter in 1968. In 1975, the organization acquired its building at 59 W. Pulteney Street and raised funds through a Bicentennial Project to transform it into the Benjamin Patterson Inn Museum.

The Auxiliary of Guthrie Corning Hospital was founded in 1896 as the Hospital Fair Association and established as an auxiliary in 1998 to provide volunteer services and engage in education and advocacy on behalf of Guthrie Corning Hospital and the community it serves, as well as raising funds for the advancement of medical technologies and patient care needs.  All funds raised from this project will be used to help fund the Cancer Center at the new Guthrie Corning Hospital, opening in July, 2014.

Guthrie Health is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and Upstate New York, serving patients from an 11-county service area. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., and Troy, Pa., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 260 physicians and 130 mid-level providers in a regional office network encompassing sub-specialty and primary care sites in 23 communities throughout Pennsylvania and New York.  Guthrie Health offers a wide range of services and programs designed to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.