- In addition to the criteria for general admission into the University, incoming college freshmen must have completed the following high school subjects:
- English - 4 credits
- History or Social Studies - 3 credits
- Lab sciences - 2 credits (Biology or Chemistry required)
- Math - 2 credits (one of which must be Algebra)
- Foreign language is not required
- SAT scores, high school grade point average and class rank are taken into consideration
- A 2.7 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or better is required to enroll in sophomore nursing courses, and this must be maintained to register for subsequent nursing courses.