Admission to the program is determined by academic and personal qualifications. Acceptance will be considered by the Program Director upon evaluation of the applicant’s official transcript, letters of recommendation and personal interview. Admission to the program will be considered when the applicant has met the following criteria:
- Submittal of application form and fee.
- Official transcript from college or university.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic sources.
- A minimum GPA of 2.45 maintained throughout academic history.
- Minimum grade of “C” in all required prerequisite courses.
- Completion of at least 90 credit hours of academic credit.
- 16 credit hours in Biology (including 3 credits in microbiology and 3 credits in immunology)
- 16 credit hours in chemistry (8 credits organic/biochem)
- Compliance with Essential Functions (described in the Program Catalog).
Upon successful completion of the college curriculum and clinical internship, the student becomes eligible to sit for nationally recognized certification examinations, administered by the American Society for Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) Board of Certification (BOC).