Internal Medicine Residency Program Strengths
Guthrie is recognized as a high quality healthcare organization as witnessed by numerous national awards.
- Train with some of the finest physicians in their fields
- 96% first-attempt pass rate on the American Board of Internal Medicine Certification Examination. Only 14% of internal medicine residency programs in existence for ten years have achieved this status
- Rigorous Training in all six of the ACGME competencies
- High level of residency participation and programmatic development
- Personalized attention in educational development
Residents see patients in a variety of clinical settings. Guthrie sub-specialists are an integral part of the teaching culture, and welcome opportunities to consult with residents.
As a tertiary care referral center, Robert Packer Hospital receives complex clinical scenarios from a wide geographic area, providing internal medicine residents with experience in treating a broad and diverse range of conditions.