Being treated for cancer can be overwhelming. Guthrie offers oncology navigators to help lung, breast and gynecological cancer patients and their caregivers through this difficult time.
Our oncology navigators will help you and your family during diagnosis and treatment by:
- Helping you understand the nature of your specific diagnosis and treatment plans.
- Making educational materials available to you and/or your caregivers.
- Answering questions throughout the treatment journey.
- Ensuring that your case has a multidisciplinary, team-based approach to your care.
- Providing support and encouragement during your illness.
- Assisting in locating additional community information and resources.
- Assisting in referrals for support, including home and/or hospice care.