Can Medical Weight Loss Help Me?
If you are obese or severely overweight, medical weight loss management could be right for you. Additionally, medical weight loss management can help if you experience a weight-related health condition, have a family history of weight-related health concerns, are seeking weight maintenance during pregnancy or in additional circumstances in which your weight is a factor. Medical weight management is available for patients of any age including pediatric patients.
Medical weight loss management could be right for you if you:
- Are a child, adolescent or adult who is considered clinically obese or severely overweight
- Experience a weight-related health condition, including nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, sleep apnea, dyslipidemia, cardiovascular disease, pre-diabetes/diabetes, osteoarthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, weight related endometrial disorders
- Are considering undergoing elective surgery, such as knee and hip surgery or recurrent ventral wall hernia repair, and weight loss would make you a better candidate
- Have a history of obesity related cancers including breast, colon, endometrial or prostate cancer
- Have a family history of weight related conditions or cancer
- Seek weight maintenance or stabilization during pregnancy
- Are preparing for weight loss surgery
- Recently had weight loss surgery and are looking to maintain weight loss after surgery
Choosing medical weight loss management is a life-changing decision. Your commitment to a healthy lifestyle will be the key to your success. We encourage you to make a lifelong commitment to a healthy lifestyle and will be there with you every step of the way to help you succeed.
Medical weight loss management can reduce your lifetime health risks
By reducing your body to a healthy weight you can often reduce your risk for health conditions including:
- Heart disease
- Colon, breast, endometrial, kidney and esophageal cancer
- Type 2 diabetes
- Obstructive sleep apnea
Getting started with the Guthrie Weight Loss Center is easy:
Call us at 570-887-3920 to learn more about our medical weight loss program or schedule your appointment today. Interested patients can also fill out our adult new patient packet or pediatric new patient packet.